This course is held at our Suffolk location in Selden, NY
Check Availability & Register Here
(You must be 18 or older to participate)
This is an Advanced License Waiver Course.
Experienced Riders Only!
Motorcycle NOT provided!
Successful completion of this course will allow you to skip the DMV road test to obtain your motorcycle endorsement.
This course is for experienced riders only – 18 years and older – Junior License holders not eligible.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN STREET LEGAL MOTORCYCELE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE!
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE & MOTORCYCLE PERMIT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE!
IF YOU ENROLL IN THIS COURSE WITHOUT A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND MOTORCYCLE PERMIT NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN!
This is a 10-hour course that contains a unique 2 hour online component as a prerequisite and a 3 hour classroom segment as well as a variety of practice riding exercises designed to develop your riding skills on your own motorcycle further. The riding exercises conclude with a skills test. For a participant to earn their NYSMSP BRC2-LW License Waiver Completion Card, they must successfully complete the eCourse (online) , classroom segment, and the skill evaluation on the range. It is designed for individuals that already have street riding experience.
This 10-hour course is designed for individuals that have had street riding experience. You must have a valid Drivers License, New York State Motorcycle Permit, and possess some street riding skills. You’ll practice these critical riding skills on your motorcycle in our secure riding setting. Successful completion of a BRC2-LW qualifies you for a motorcycle license road test-waiver with the New York State DMV. Skip the trip to DMV and sign up today for the MSF BRC2-LW, your fast track to getting your Motorcycle License!
In order to obtain your motorcycle license after 1 day of training you must;
· Bring your own street legal motorcycle /scooter and use it for the BRC2 riding range exercises.
· Possess a valid New York State Driver License (Junior Operator license holders do NOT qualify for a road test waiver and may not enroll in this class).
· Possess a valid NY motorcycle permit.
· Complete the online segment – MSF Street Strategies Ecourse
· Complete the classroom segment & pass the written knowledge test
· Pass a BRC2-LW Skill Evaluation, which is administered after all the BRC2 riding range exercises have been completed.
What you need to bring:
· A motorcycle (must have a valid NYS DMV Safety Inspection Certificate affixed). · Your valid NYS Driver License. · Your valid NYS Motorcycle Permit. · A valid NYS motorcycle registration. · A valid motorcycle insurance card (FS-20/ FS-21). · A Helmet- DOT-approved motorcycle helmet (any style). · Eye protection (face shield or goggles). · A long sleeve shirt or jacket. · Full-fingered gloves. · Long non-flare denim pants /jeans or material of equivalent or better durability (without rips or holes). · Over the ankle footwear (one inch above the ankle). · Rain gear, classes run- rain or shine.
RIDERCOURSE CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
At On The Road Again, we want everyone to have a good experience learning to ride.
Please read the following carefully to make sure you are aware of the circumstances that will cause you to forfeit your enrollment fee, and be unable to complete the course.
You MUST complete the registration process by paying for the course through our on-line payment gateway. (Call us at 631 862-7433 for other options). You will be directed to the payment gateway at the completion of the registration process. Your registration is NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL WE RECEIVE PAYMENT!
Prepayment for the Basic RiderCourse shall be subject to refund as follows:
- I understand and agree that if I must cancel or reschedule my enrollment giving more than 7 days notice, tuition will be refunded an amount less $10 or 10 percent of the total, whichever is greater. Cancellations/Rescheduling by phone will not be accepted. On The Road Again must be notified by email at Info@LRN2ride.com, or by mail to: 3A Marshall Dr, Selden, N.Y. 11784.
- I understand and agree that if I must cancel or reschedule in the one-week (7-days) period prior to the scheduled class & before 3:00 PM the day before class begins, tuition will be refunded less one hundred dollars ($100.00).
- I understand and agree that if I must cancel or reschedule after 3:00 PM the day before a scheduled class, the same day class begins, or after class begins, fail to show up on time, or come unprepared there will be no refund. No make-up will be scheduled.
- I understand and agree that if I fail to attend all scheduled classes and any makeup classes that may become necessary due to uncontrollable conditions (such as weather) there will be no refund. If makeup classes become necessary, On The Road Again will attempt to schedule them at the student’s convenience. It is understood that I must attend ALL sessions of the course with no exceptions.
- I understand and agree that if I fail to bring required riding gear (DOT approved helmet; sturdy, over-the ankle boots NO SNEAKERS; long sleeved shirt or jacket; jeans (without rips or tears); full-fingered gloves; and eye protection), I will not be permitted to participate in the course and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled..
- I understand and agree that I must allow additional time in my course scheduling for the possibility of inclement weather conditions for motorcycle riding or extended learning time.
- I understand and agree that participation in this course requires physical stamina, motor coordination and mental awareness. I also agree that any use of alcohol, prescription or non-prescription drugs that could impair performance is prohibited. If I am believed to be under the influence of either a legal or illegal substance, I will be removed from the class and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled.
- I understand and agree that if I do not have the required valid Driver’s License and/or permit, or for minors, notarized parental permission, I will be removed from the class and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled.
- I understand and agree that there is a possibility that I may be counseled out of the class because I may not be able to achieve the objectives of the range exercises within the allotted time or I fail to abide by course safety and instructional guidelines as set forth by the Rider Coaches and if this should occur I forfeit the remainder of the course fee.
- I understand that I must be on time for all classes, that I will not be allowed in once class begins, and that if I am late; this will result in the forfeiture of my entire course fee. I also understand that the class will be held rain or shine.
- I understand that this application is NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- I understand and agree that On The Road Again has the right to cancel a class at any time at their discretion for reasons including but not limited to; class size, extreme weather, etc. Make up time will be made available.
- I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to have a valid NYS Driver’s license at the START of the class in order to participate in the class and be eligible for NYS benefits.
- I understand and agree that failure to sign an acceptance of risk and waiver of liability prior to the first riding session will result in the forfeiture of my entire course fee.
- I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to obtain confirmation of acceptance into the class I registered for and failure to do so on my part will result in me waiving my right to receive a refund of monies for that failure of performance on my part. On The Road Again confirmation letters may be sent online, or sent USPS, but failure of that confirmation to make it to any of the aforementioned (because of spam folders, wrong numbers or addresses, typographical errors, etc.) provided will not become the burden of On The Road Again and all monies collected for the class are considered to be the in good and complete performance of On The Road Again. A “no show” for a class FOR ANY REASON including the failure to obtain a confirmation is considered to be a complete forfeiture of all tuition and no refunds will be given. Once a registration is agreed upon and completed online, please consider that your credit card will be charged and the option of refund will only be given if the class has overflowed (which we will notify you) or a proper cancellation is given as outlined above.
- I have carefully read this release and understand the contents of this policy, and I voluntarily agree to the terms as stated as my own free act by registering for this course.
Counsel Out Procedure: Our Policy states that if, at any time during this course, it is felt that you are not able to achieve the objectives of the range exercises, or you become a danger to yourself, or others, you will not be permitted to continue & will forfeit the remainder of your course fee. No makeup will be scheduled. This also applies if you self drop or leave on your own terms prior to the end of the course. This action is taken for your protection as well as the rest of those participating. The instructor is responsible for the safety of you and the rest of the participants and has full authority to make this decision which is final.