You MUST have a valid Driver’s License.
A motorcycle permit is not required to participate.
Choose a location below to see available dates & register:
Click Here for
Click Here for
Garden City, NY
The following is REQUIRED for your Basic RiderCourse:
*A VALID driver’s license – if you enrolled without a valid Drivers License NO REFUND will be given.
*A motorcycle permit is not required to participate in this course.
* Your own DOT approved helmet (any style)
* E-Course Certificate of completion (Log-In details are given after course registration is complete)
* Sturdy, over the ankle BOOTS (NO Sneakers !!!)
* Full Fingered Gloves
* Long Sleeved shirt or jacket
* Long non-flare denim pants /jeans or material of equivalent or better durability (without rips or holes)
* Eye protections (sunglasses, goggles, or face shield on helmet)
Please dress for the weather – We ride rain or shine!
If Rain is forecast, come prepared with rain gear.
This course takes place in an open parking lot for 6 hours, with no protection from the sun, wind, rain, etc.
Please take that into consideration and bring layers of clothing, sunblock, and more water than you think you will need. Get a good night’s rest and drink a lot of water the day before a course starts. This will allow you to have the best experience!
* Bring lunch / snacks / water (You will be at the training site for 6 hours, there will not be a break for lunch but during small breaks you will have the chance to eat / drink)
* Know where the training site is prior to the start of class to be sure you are there on time
There will be no one available to answer the phone the day class begins.
Successful completion of this course will allow you to skip the DMV road test to obtain your motorcycle endorsement. A motorcycle is provided. You may bring your own scooter/motorcycle if preferred however please first contact the office to make sure it meets the requirement of the training site. You must bring your own DOT approved helmet (any style). YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE! IF YOU ENROLL IN THIS COURSE WITHOUT A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN! You do not need to have your motorcycle permit to participate in this course, however once you complete the course DMV will require that you obtain it before they will add the motorcycle endorsement to your Drivers License.
We have 2 locations – SUFFOLK (Selden) & NASSAU (Garden City) Successful completion of the MSF Basic RiderCourse qualifies you for a motorcycle license road test-waiver with the New York State DMV. The course will provide you with the opportunities and experiences to acquire the basic knowledge and skill that enable you to continue to practice and develop your safe riding habits. Safe riding is also a matter of attitude. Successfully completing the MSF Basic RiderCourse is not a guarantee that you will be safe on the road. Only you can choose the level of safety you wish to maintain. For a participant to earn their NYSMSP Basic RiderCourse License Waiver Completion Card, they must successfully complete the eCourse (on-line), and the skills evaluation on the range.
WHAT TO DO AFTER SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THE MSF BASIC RIDERCOURSE:
Once you successfully complete the MSF Basic RiderCourse you will receive a ‘road test’ waiver. You will need to schedule an appointment at DMV to change the class on your Driver’s License. (Option #4 on the reservation page) You can use the reservation link below.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE! IF YOU ENROLL IN THIS COURSE WITHOUT A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN! The MSF Basic RiderCourse is conducted at a pace that results in successful completion for most novice riders. The Rider Coaches will help you learn to the best of your ability. If you have significant difficulty or become a risk to yourself or others, as determined by you or your Rider Coaches, you will not be permitted to continue to ride (other options may be available for developing your riding skills).
To successfully complete the course, you must:
- Attend all sessions
- Be able to safely complete range exercises. – If you are unsure of your abilities we highly recommend you start with private lessons before committing to a course.
- Complete the ePackage 1 eCourse (eP1) within the 30 days before your course is set to begin.
- Achieve a passing score on a riding-skill evaluation
The riding-skill evaluation consists of five exercises that assess limited-space maneuvering skills as well as braking, cornering, and swerving competencies.
- You MUST have a VALID Drivers License. If you enroll without a valid drivers license, no refund will be given.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Full protective attire is required.
- Must be of legal age to operate a motorcycle on the street.
- The ability to push and turn a 300-pound motorcycle repeatedly to change direction, for the first exercise of the day.
Any individual, 16 years of age or older, who wishes to take the course, must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Junior License holders must hold a valid motorcycle permit for at least six months before DMV will add a motorcycle endorsement to license.
Any person younger than 18 years must also have the signed and notarized permission of his/her parent(s) or legal guardian. To qualify for the Road Test waiver, the student must present a current and valid New York State driver’s license.
RIDERCOURSE CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
At On The Road Again, we want everyone to have a good experience learning to ride.
Please read the following carefully to make sure you are aware of the circumstances that will cause you to forfeit your enrollment fee, and be unable to complete the course.
1. I understand and agree that if I cancel or reschedule my enrollment in a class with more than 7 days notice, tuition will be refunded an amount less $10 or 10 percent of the total, whichever is greater.
Cancellations/Rescheduling by phone will not be accepted. On The Road Again can be notified by email at Info@LRN2ride.com, or by mail to: 3A Marshall Dr, Selden, N.Y. 11784.
2. I understand and agree that if I cancel or reschedule with 7 days or less notice & before 3pm the day before the first day of the class, tuition will be refunded less one hundred dollars ($100.00).
3. I understand and agree that if I cancel or reschedule after 3pm the day before class begins, the same day class begins, or after class begins, fail to show up on time, or come unprepared there will be no refund. No make-up will be scheduled.
4 I understand and agree that if I fail to attend all scheduled classes and any makeup classes that may become necessary due to uncontrollable conditions (such as weather) there will be no refund. If makeup classes become necessary, On The Road Again will attempt to schedule them at the student’s convenience.
5.I understand and agree that if I fail to bring required riding gear (DOT approved helmet; sturdy, over-the ankle boots NO SNEAKERS; long sleeved shirt or jacket; jeans (without rips or tears); full-fingered gloves; and eye protection), I will not be permitted to participate in the course and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled..
6. I understand and agree that if I am believed to be under the influence of either a legal or illegal substance, or do not have the required valid Driver’s License and/or permit, or for minors, notarized parental permission, I will be removed from the class and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled.
On The Road Again reserves the right to change the class times as necessary due to emergency situations (vehicle breakdowns, Acts of God, staff emergency, etc.)
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING ON THE ROAD AGAIN!