You do NOT need a motorcycle permit to participate, just a valid Drivers License!
Choose a location below to see available dates & register:
Click Here for
Click Here for
Garden City, NY
IMPORTANT COVID-19 Update:
Help us keep you safe!
If you are feeling sick or have a fever DO NOT ATTEND!
You will be sent home.
We will be checking temperatures upon arrival with a No-Touch thermometer.
Our staff will be sanitizing equipment & procedures are in place to keep you safe
The following is REQUIRED for your Basic RiderCourse:
*A VALID driver’s license – if you enrolled without a valid Drivers License NO REFUND will be given.
*A motorcycle permit is not required to participate in this course.
* Your own DOT approved helmet
* E-Course Certificate of completion (Log-In details are given after course registration is complete)
* Sturdy, over the ankle BOOTS (no sneakers)
* Full Fingered Gloves
* Long Sleeved shirt or jacket
* Jeans (without rips or holes)
Please dress for the weather – We ride rain or shine!
If Rain is forecast, come prepared with rain gear.
* Eye protections (sunglasses, goggles, or face shield on helmet)
* Get a good night’s rest & drink a lot of water the day before your course starts.
This will allow you to have the best experience !
* Hand sanitizer
* Mask/face covering
* Pen (blue or black ink only)
* Bring lunch / snacks / water (You will be at the training site for 6/7 hours, there will not be a break for lunch but during small breaks you will have the chance to eat / drink)
* Know where the training site is prior to the start of class t be sure you are there on time
There will be no one available to answer the phone the day class begins.
We are running on a Two Day Schedule:
Saturday & Sunday 7:30am – 2:00pm BOTH days (Classroom & Range)
Saturday & Sunday 11:30am – 6:00pm BOTH days (Classroom & Range)
We will also be offering weekday classes on Thursday & Friday!
Successful completion of this course will allow you to skip the DMV road test to obtain your motorcycle endorsement. A motorcycle is provided. You may bring your own scooter/motorcycle if preferred however please first contact the office to make sure it meets the requirement of the training site. You must bring your own DOT approved helmet (any style). YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE! IF YOU ENROLL IN THIS COURSE WITHOUT A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN! You do not need to have your motorcycle permit to participate in this course, however once you complete the course DMV will require that you obtain it before they will add the motorcycle endorsement to your Drivers License.
We have 2 locations – SUFFOLK (Selden) & NASSAU (Garden City) Successful completion of the MSF Basic RiderCourse qualifies you for a motorcycle license road test-waiver with the New York State DMV. The course will provide you with the opportunities and experiences to acquire the basic knowledge and skill that enable you to continue to practice and develop your safe riding habits. Safe riding is also a matter of attitude. Successfully completing the MSF Basic RiderCourse is not a guarantee that you will be safe on the road. Only you can choose the level of safety you wish to maintain. For a participant to earn their NYSMSP Basic RiderCourse License Waiver Completion Card, they must successfully complete the eCourse (on-line), the written test in the classroom, and the skills evaluation on the range.
WHAT TO DO AFTER SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETING THE MSF BASIC RIDERCOURSE:
Once you successfully complete the MSF Basic RiderCourse you will receive a ‘road test’ waiver. You will need to schedule an appointment at DMV to change the class on your Driver’s License. (Option #4 on the reservation page) You can use the reservation link below.
- Attend all sessions
- Achieve a minimum score on a knowledge test covering course materials
- Achieve a passing score on a riding-skill evaluation
- Complete the 3-hour eCourse & hand in the certificate of completion
- E-Course must be completed within 30 days of the date your course begins
The riding-skill evaluation consists of five exercises that assess limited-space maneuvering skills as well as braking, cornering, and swerving competencies.
- You MUST have a VALID Drivers License. If you enroll without a valid drivers license, no refund will be given.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Full protective attire is required.
- Must be of legal age to operate a motorcycle on the street.
- The ability to push and turn a 300-pound motorcycle repeatedly to change direction, for the first exercise of the day.
Any individual, 16 years of age or older, who wishes to take the course, must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Junior License holders must hold a valid motorcycle permit for at least six months before DMV will add a motorcycle endorsement to license.
Any person younger than 18 years must also have the signed and notarized permission of his/her parent(s) or legal guardian. To qualify for the Road Test waiver, the student must present a current and valid New York State driver’s license. All students must provide and wear the following personal items for all on-motorcycle instruction:
- Over-the-ankle footwear (not cloth, canvas, etc.)
- Long non-flare denim pants or material of equivalent or better durability.
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket.
- Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather.
- Appropriate eye protection (not needed if you are using your own DOT approved helmet with Face Shield).
RIDERCOURSE CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
At On the Road Again, we want everyone to have a good experience learning to ride.
Please read the following carefully to make sure you are aware of the circumstances that will cause you to forfeit your enrollment fee, and be unable to complete the course.
Learning to ride is physically demanding; if you are unsure of your abilities, please call our office at 631-862-7433 and speak to a representative.
If a student cancels their enrollment in a class with more than seven days notice, tuition will be refunded an amount less $10 or 10 percent of the total, whichever is greater, specified cost of the course or other such prepaid service.
On the Road Again can be notified by e-mail at Info@lrn2ride.com, or by mail to 3A Marshall Drive, Selden, N.Y. 11784. Cancellations by phone will not be accepted.
If a student cancels with less than seven days notice, but before the day of the class, tuition will be refunded less a $100 fee.
If a student cancels the day the class begins, after class begins or doesn’t show up, there will be no refund. No make-up will be scheduled.
If a student fails to attend all scheduled classes and any makeup classes that may become necessary due to uncontrollable conditions (such as weather) there will be no refund. If makeup classes become necessary, we will attempt to schedule them at the student’s convenience.
If a student fails to bring required riding gear (sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear, long sleeved shirt or jacket, long pants, and full-fingered gloves), he/she will not be permitted to participate in the course and there will be no refund.
If a student is counseled out of the class for not being able to achieve the objectives of the range exercises within the allotted time or fails to abide by the course safety and instructional guidelines, there will be no refund.
If a student is believed to be under the influence of either a legal or illegal substance, or does not have the required license and/or permit, or for minors, notarized parental permission, they will be removed from the class, and there will be no refund.
On the Road Again reserves the right to change the class times as necessary due to emergency situations (vehicle breakdowns, Acts of God, staff emergency, etc.)
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING ON THE ROAD AGAIN!