MSF Basic RiderCourse
Course fee $398
NASSAU COURSE DATES (Garden City, NY)
Registration is now open for the 2024 season.
Use the link below to check availability and register.
After completing enrollment here, you will receive an email that includes a link to our pre-registered payment page. Use the link to make your payment in full.
You do NOT need a motorcycle permit to participate in this course.
You MUST have a valid automobile Driver’s License.
After successfully completing this course you will receive a waiver that allows you to skip the DMV road test. DMV will still require that you obtain the motorcycle permit after you complete the course. You can obtain your motorcycle permit & add the motorcycle class to your Driver’s License on the same day.
On the campus of Nassau Community College
Parking Field West 1/ Hospital Road
Garden City, NY 11530
If using GPS, enter “Davis Avenue and Hospital Road” in Garden City, NY (it might also display as Uniondale).
Click here for Google Map Directions
The following is REQUIRED for your Basic RiderCourse:
*A VALID driver’s license – if you enrolled without a valid Drivers License NO REFUND will be given.
*A motorcycle permit is not required to participate in this course.
* Your own DOT approved helmet (any style)
* E-Course Certificate of completion (Log-In details are given after course registration is complete)
* Sturdy, over the ankle BOOTS (no sneakers)
* Full Fingered Gloves
* Long Sleeved shirt or jacket
* Jeans or heavy work pants or equivalent (without rips or tears), no sweatpants, yoga pants or leggings
* Please dress for the weather – We ride rain or shine!
* If Rain is forecast, come prepared with rain gear.
* This course takes place in an open parking lot for 6 hours, with no protection from the sun, wind, rain, etc. Please take that into consideration and bring layers of clothing, sunblock, and more water than you think you will need.
* Eye protections (sunglasses, goggles, or face shield on helmet)
* Get a good night’s rest & drink a lot of water the day before your course starts.
This will allow you to have the best experience !
* Hand sanitizer
* Bring lunch / snacks / water (You will be at the training site for 6 hours, there will not be a break for lunch but during small breaks you will have the chance to eat / drink)
* Know where the training site is prior to the start of class to be sure you are there on time
There will be no one available to answer the phone the day class begins.
*SHOWING UP UNPREPARED OR LATE WILL CAUSE CANCELLATION OF ENROLLMENT AND FORFEITURE OF YOUR COURSE FEE. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AND NO MAKEUPS WILL BE SCHEDULED.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE! IF YOU ENROLL IN THIS COURSE WITHOUT A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN! The MSF Basic RiderCourse is conducted at a pace that results in successful completion for most novice riders. A training motorcycle is provided. You may bring your own scooter/motorcycle if preferred however please first contact the office to make sure it meets the requirement of the training site. The Rider Coaches will help you learn to the best of your ability. If you have significant difficulty or become a risk to yourself or others, as determined by you or your Rider Coaches, you will not be permitted to continue to ride (other options may be available for developing your riding skills).
Insurance discounts may be available with successful completion of the course. Check with your insurance carrier!
To successfully complete the course, you must:
- Attend all sessions
- Come prepared with correct attire / gear
- Complete the 5-hour ePackage 1 (eP1) eCourse within the 30 days before your course is set to begin.
- Achieve a passing score on a riding-skill evaluation
The riding-skill evaluation consists of five exercises that assess limited-space maneuvering skills as well as braking, cornering, and swerving competencies.
- MUST have a VALID Drivers License. If you enroll without a valid drivers license, no refund will be given.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Full protective attire is required. (BOOTS (no sneakers), full fingered gloves, Long non-flare denim pants /jeans or material of equivalent or better durability (without rips or holes), long sleeved shirt or jacket, sunglasses / eye protection.
- Must be of legal age to operate a motorcycle on the street.
- The ability to push and turn a 300-pound motorcycle repeatedly to change direction, for the first exercise of the day.
Any individual, 16 years of age or older, who wishes to take the course, must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Junior License holders must hold a valid motorcycle permit for at least six months before DMV will issue a motorcycle license.
Any person younger than 18 years must also have the signed and notarized permission of his/her parent(s) or legal guardian. To qualify for the Road Test waiver, the student must present a current and valid New York State driver’s license. All students must provide and wear the following personal items for all on-motorcycle instruction:
- DOT approved helmet (any style)
- Sturdy, over the ankle boots (NO SNEAKERS! )
- Long non-flare denim pants /jeans or material of equivalent or better durability (without rips or holes).
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket.
- Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather.
- Appropriate eye protection (sunglasses) (not needed if your helmet has a Face Shield).
IDERCOURSE CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
At On The Road Again, we want everyone to have a good experience learning to ride.
Please read the following carefully to make sure you are aware of the circumstances that will cause you to forfeit your enrollment fee, and be unable to complete the course. You MUST complete the registration process by paying for the course through our on-line payment gateway. (Call us at 631 862-7433 for other options). You will be directed to the payment gateway at the completion of the registration process. Your registration is NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL WE RECEIVE PAYMENT!
Prepayment for the Basic RiderCourse shall be subject to refund as follows:
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE:
-If I must cancel or reschedule my enrollment giving more than 7 days notice, tuition will be refunded an amount less $10 or 10 percent of the total, whichever is greater. Cancellations/ Rescheduling by phone will not be accepted. On The Road Again must be notified by email at Info@LRN2ride.com, or by mail to: 3A Marshall Dr, Selden, N.Y. 11784.
-If I must cancel or reschedule in the one-week (7-days) period prior to the scheduled class & before 3:00 PM the day before class begins, tuition will be refunded less one hundred dollars ($100.00).
-If I must cancel or reschedule after 3:00 PM EST the day before a scheduled class, the same day class begins, or after class begins, fail to show up on time, or come unprepared, there will be no refund. No make-up will be scheduled.
-If I fail to attend all scheduled classes and any makeup classes that may become necessary due to uncontrollable conditions (such as weather) there will be no refund. If makeup classes become necessary, On The Road Again will attempt to schedule them at the student’s convenience. It is understood that I must attend ALL sessions of the course with no exceptions.
-If I fail to bring required riding gear (DOT approved helmet; sturdy, over-the ankle BOOTS, NO SNEAKERS; a long sleeved shirt or jacket; jeans or heavy work pants or equivalent (without rips or tears), no sweatpants, yoga pants or leggings; full-fingered gloves; and eye protection), I will not be permitted to participate in the course and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled.
-I must allow additional time in my course scheduling for the possibility of inclement weather conditions for motorcycle riding or extended learning time.
-Use of cell phones, and/or bluetooth communication devices are prohibited while on motorcycles. Use of such devices will cause you to be removed from the class. There will be no refund or make up scheduled.
-Participation in this course requires physical stamina, motor coordination and mental awareness.
-Any use of alcohol, prescription or non-prescription drugs that could impair performance is prohibited. If I am believed to be under the influence of either a legal or illegal substance, I will be removed from the class and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled.
-If I do not have the required valid Driver’s License for the MSF Basic RiderCourse (BRC) or valid Driver’s License and motorcycle permit for the MSF BRC2-LW course, and for minors, notarized parental permission, or a parent/guardian present to sign waivers. I will be removed from the class and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled.
-There is no guarantee of a successful completion.
COUNSEL OUT PROCEDURE
Our Policy states that if, at any time during this course, it is felt that you are unable to achieve the objectives of the range exercises, unable to follow instructions consistently, fail to maintain proper path of travel in exercises, become a danger to yourself, or others, you will not be permitted to continue & will forfeit the remainder of your course fee. No makeup will be scheduled. This also applies if you self drop or leave on your own terms prior to the end of the course. This action is taken for your protection as well as the rest of those participating. The instructor is responsible for the safety of you and the rest of the participants and has full authority to make this decision which is final.