NASSAU COURSE DATES
On the campus of Nassau Community College
Parking Field West 1/ Hospital Road
Garden City, NY 11530
Click here for Google Map Directions
IMPORTANT COVID-19 Update:
Help us keep you safe!
If you are feeling sick or have a fever DO NOT ATTEND!
You will be sent home.
We will be checking temperatures upon arrival with a No-Touch thermometer.
Our staff will be sanitizing equipment & procedures are in place to keep you safe
In order to follow the CDC guidelines for social distancing you must bring the following:
* Your own DOT approved helmet
* Hand sanitizer
* Mask/face covering
* Pen (Blue or Black ink only)
* Bring lunch / snacks / water (You will be at the training site for 6/7 hours, there will not be a break for lunch but during small breaks you will have the chance to eat / drink)
Choose an available Date below:
You will be able to see how many open seats are available once you click on a date.
8:00 AM – 2:30 PM both days
The links below will take you to the MSF Registration page.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE! IF YOU ENROLL IN THIS COURSE WITHOUT A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN! The Basic RiderCourse is conducted at a pace that results in successful completion for most novice riders. A training motorcycle is provided. You may bring your own scooter/motorcycle if preferred however please first contact the office to make sure it meets the requirement of the training site. The Rider Coaches will help you learn to the best of your ability. If you have significant difficulty or become a risk to yourself or others, as determined by you or your Rider Coaches, you will not be permitted to continue to ride (other options may be available for developing your riding skills).
To successfully complete the course, you must:
- Attend all sessions
- Achieve a minimum score on a knowledge test covering course materials
- Achieve a passing score on a riding-skill evaluation
- Complete the 3-hour eCourse & hand in the certificate of completion
- E-Course must be completed within 30 days of the date your course begins
The riding-skill evaluation consists of five exercises that assess limited-space maneuvering skills as well as braking, cornering, and swerving competencies.
- You MUST have a VALID Drivers License. If you enroll without a valid drivers license, no refund will be given.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Full protective attire is required.
- Must be of legal age to operate a motorcycle on the street.
- The ability to push and turn a 300-pound motorcycle repeatedly to change direction, for the first exercise of the day.
Any individual, 16 years of age or older, who wishes to take the course, must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Junior License holders must hold a valid motorcycle permit for at least six months before DMV will add a motorcycle endorsement to license.
Any person younger than 18 years must also have the signed and notarized permission of his/her parent(s) or legal guardian. To qualify for the Road Test waiver, the student must present a current and valid New York State driver’s license. All students must provide and wear the following personal items for all on-motorcycle instruction:
- Over-the-ankle footwear (not cloth, canvas, etc.)
- Long non-flare denim pants or material of equivalent or better durability.
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket.
- Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather.
- Appropriate eye protection (not needed if you are using your own DOT approved helmet with Face Shield).
RIDERCOURSE CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
At On the Road Again, we want everyone to have a good experience learning to ride.
Please read the following carefully to make sure you are aware of the circumstances that will cause you to forfeit your enrollment fee, and be unable to complete the course.
Learning to ride is physically demanding; if you are unsure of your abilities, please call our office at 631-862-7433 and speak to a representative.
If a student cancels their enrollment in a class with more than seven days notice, tuition will be refunded an amount less $10 or 10 percent of the total, whichever is greater, specified cost of the course or other such prepaid service.
On the Road Again can be notified by e-mail at Info@lrn2ride.com, or by mail to 3A Marshall Drive, Selden, N.Y. 11784. Cancellations by phone will not be accepted.
If a student cancels with less than seven days notice, but before the day of the class, tuition will be refunded less a $100 fee.
If a student cancels the day the class begins, after class begins or doesn’t show up, there will be no refund. No make-up will be scheduled.
If a student fails to attend all scheduled classes and any makeup classes that may become necessary due to uncontrollable conditions (such as weather) there will be no refund. If makeup classes become necessary, we will attempt to schedule them at the student’s convenience.
If a student fails to bring required riding gear (sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear, long sleeved shirt or jacket, long pants, and full-fingered gloves), he/she will not be permitted to participate in the course and there will be no refund.
If a student is counseled out of the class for not being able to achieve the objectives of the range exercises within the allotted time or fails to abide by the course safety and instructional guidelines, there will be no refund.
If a student is believed to be under the influence of either a legal or illegal substance, or does not have the required license and/or permit, or for minors, notarized parental permission, they will be removed from the class, and there will be no refund.
On the Road Again reserves the right to change the class times as necessary due to emergency situations (vehicle breakdowns, Acts of God, staff emergency, etc.)
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING ON THE ROAD AGAIN!