MSF Basic RiderCourse
Course fee $385
SUFFOLK COURSE DATES
(Scroll down to choose a date)
You do NOT need a motorcycle permit to participate in this course.
You just need a valid Driver’s License.
After successfully completing this course you will receive a waiver that allows you to skip the DMV road test. DMV will still require that you obtain the motorcycle permit after you complete the course. You can obtain your motorcycle permit & add the motorcycle endorsement to your Driver’s License on the same day.
Suffolk Community College Ammerman Campus
Parking Field 7c / 533 College Rd
Selden, NY 11784
Click here for Google Map Directions
Choose an available Date below:
You will be able to see how many open seats are available once you click on a date.
Some weekday classes will also be available – Thursday/Friday
End times are approximate – Please be aware class may run later than scheduled.
The links below will take you to the MSF Registration page.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 Update:
Help us keep you safe!
If you are feeling sick or have a fever DO NOT ATTEND!
You will be sent home.
We will be checking temperatures upon arrival with a No-Touch thermometer.
Our staff will be sanitizing equipment & procedures are in place to keep you safe
The following is REQUIRED for your Basic RiderCourse:
*A VALID driver’s license – if you enrolled without a valid Drivers License NO REFUND will be given.
*A motorcycle permit is not required to participate in this course.
* Your own DOT approved helmet
* E-Course Certificate of completion (Log-In details are given after course registration is complete)
* Sturdy, over the ankle BOOTS (no sneakers)
* Full Fingered Gloves
* Long Sleeved shirt or jacket
* Long non-flare denim pants /jeans or material of equivalent or better durability (without rips or holes)
Please dress for the weather – We ride rain or shine!
If Rain is forecast, come prepared with rain gear.
* Eye protections (sunglasses, goggles, or face shield on helmet)
* Get a good night’s rest & drink a lot of water the day before your course starts.
This will allow you to have the best experience !
* Hand sanitizer
* Mask/face covering
* Pen (blue or black ink only)
* Bring lunch / snacks / water (You will be at the training site for 6/7 hours, there will not be a break for lunch but during small breaks you will have the chance to eat / drink)
* Know where the training site is prior to the start of class t be sure you are there on time
There will be no one available to answer the phone the day class begins.
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COURSE! IF YOU ENROLL IN THIS COURSE WITHOUT A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN! The MSF Basic RiderCourse is conducted at a pace that results in successful completion for most novice riders. A training motorcycle is provided. You may bring your own scooter/motorcycle if preferred however please first contact the office to make sure it meets the requirement of the training site. The Rider Coaches will help you learn to the best of your ability. If you have significant difficulty or become a risk to yourself or others, as determined by you or your Rider Coaches, you will not be permitted to continue to ride (other options may be available for developing your riding skills).
To successfully complete the course, you must:
- Attend all sessions
- Come prepared with correct attire / gear
- Achieve a minimum score on a knowledge test covering course materials
- Achieve a passing score on a riding-skill evaluation
- Complete the 3-hour eCourse & hand in the certificate of completion
- E-Course must be completed within 30 days of the date your course begins
The riding-skill evaluation consists of five exercises that assess limited-space maneuvering skills as well as braking, cornering, and swerving competencies.
- MUST have a VALID Drivers License. If you enroll without a valid drivers license, no refund will be given.
- Ability to ride a bicycle.
- Full protective attire is required. (BOOTS (no sneakers), full fingered gloves, Long non-flare denim pants /jeans or material of equivalent or better durability (without rips or holes), long sleeved shirt or jacket, sunglasses / eye protection.
- Must be of legal age to operate a motorcycle on the street.
- The ability to push and turn a 300-pound motorcycle repeatedly to change direction, for the first exercise of the day.
Any individual, 16 years of age or older, who wishes to take the course, must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Junior License holders must hold a valid motorcycle permit for at least six months before DMV will add a motorcycle endorsement to license.
Any person younger than 18 years must also have the signed and notarized permission of his/her parent(s) or legal guardian. To qualify for the Road Test waiver, the student must present a current and valid New York State driver’s license. All students must provide and wear the following personal items for all on-motorcycle instruction:
- DOT approved helmet (any style)
- Sturdy, over the ankle boots (NO SNEAKERS! )
- Long non-flare denim pants /jeans or material of equivalent or better durability (without rips or holes).
- Long-sleeved shirt or jacket.
- Full-fingered gloves, preferably leather.
- Appropriate eye protection (sunglasses) (not needed if your helmet has a Face Shield).
RIDERCOURSE CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
At On The Road Again, we want everyone to have a good experience learning to ride.
Please read the following carefully to make sure you are aware of the circumstances that will cause you to forfeit your enrollment fee, and be unable to complete the course.
1. I understand and agree that if I cancel or reschedule my enrollment in a class with more than 7 days notice, tuition will be refunded an amount less $10 or 10 percent of the total, whichever is greater.
Cancellations/Rescheduling by phone will not be accepted. On The Road Again can be notified by email at Info@LRN2ride.com, or by mail to: 3A Marshall Dr, Selden, N.Y. 11784.
2. I understand and agree that if I cancel or reschedule with 7 days or less notice & before 3pm the day before the first day of the class, tuition will be refunded less one hundred dollars ($100.00).
3. I understand and agree that if I cancel or reschedule after 3pm the day before class begins, the same day class begins, or after class begins, fail to show up on time, or come unprepared there will be no refund. No make-up will be scheduled.
4 I understand and agree that if I fail to attend all scheduled classes and any makeup classes that may become necessary due to uncontrollable conditions (such as weather) there will be no refund. If makeup classes become necessary, On The Road Again will attempt to schedule them at the student’s convenience.
5.I understand and agree that if I fail to bring required riding gear (DOT approved helmet; sturdy, over-the ankle boots NO SNEAKERS; long sleeved shirt or jacket; jeans (without rips or tears); full-fingered gloves; and eye protection), I will not be permitted to participate in the course and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled..
6. I understand and agree that if I am believed to be under the influence of either a legal or illegal substance, or do not have the required valid Driver’s License and/or permit, or for minors, notarized parental permission,I will be removed from the class and there will be no refund or make-up scheduled.
On The Road Again reserves the right to change the class times as necessary due to emergency situations (vehicle breakdowns, Acts of God, staff emergency, etc.)